Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thing# 8: Online Databases.

Our history day students used the "Historical New York Times" and our 6Th grade students who study Minnesota history used the "Historical Minneapolis Tribune" for their end of the year research project. We are so fortunate to have access to so many online resources. Now I just need to let teachers now that I am available to work with their students so we can introduce these resources to them. I am working this out in my head, perhaps an email to all staff that points them to a wiki that I've created outlining all the collaboration opportunities I can offer and as well as all the resources we have at our fingertips.

I think I will work with my Tech. to create something in File Maker Pro that we can link from our web site that shows all the different collaboration projects I have going on with different teachers, similar to what I saw at the Metronet conference. Perhaps there is a web 2.0 application that will also work.

No comments: