Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thing # 6: Online Collaboration Tools.

We used these in my digital media class both Google Docs and ZoHo. The kids loved the collaboration and sharing features, as a teacher I loved the sharing feature. All my students shared their presentations to me since I also had a Goggle Docs account and ZoHo account. It was easy to "STAR" the presentations that I had viewed and then move them to a folder I called "graded" when I was finished grading them. The kids liked working with teammates, everyone was busy doing their part of the presentation. No longer did you see teammates huddled around one computer trying to collaborate. The Wiki that Guillaume Paek and I had used with his 7th graders was again a perfect example of teamwork and collaboration. The students were assigned to different countries and used different colored pens so we could tell just how much each person contributed. Teammates were able to see very clearly also.

No comments: